Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mr. Turtle and The Bunny

I have spent all day at work thinking about my little boys today. Not that I don’t always think about them, but I miss them especially lately because I have been spending a lot of time at work. This week I am working a 56 hour work week, which includes four straight 12 hour days and working on a day off. As a result, I am basically getting up in the morning, getting the boys ready, dropping them off at Grandma’s and going to work. By the time I get home at night, they are sleeping soundly. So, yes……I am feeling a little sorry for myself. Today, when I dropped Nick off at Grandma and Grandpa’s he was blowing me kisses as I walked out the door. He blew kisses with both hands over and over and it became a little game. I blew a kiss, then he blew more and so on…..it got hard for me to leave. Max was also waving and saying “bye bye.” So…I just keep thinking about Nick blowing me those kisses and chuckling to myself.

Nick has been being a pretty silly boy this week. The other night, we went to Wal-Mart to pick up some paint samples. He was lying on the ground on his belly and writhing around. I thought he was either upset about something or tired and I kept telling him to get up off the floor. Finally he looked up at me and said, “I turtle” and continued on with his “slithering.” I was so proud of his pretending that I let him keep being a turtle while I took some pictures. Unfortunately, turtles move rather slowly, so eventually I had to tell him to walk like a little boy. He protested….”I turtle!!” and continued his slow crawl/slither. I was getting really irritated with the pace at this point so I finally told him, “You will have to either get up and walk like a little boy or be a turtle in the shopping cart!” Well, he sure popped right up started walking like a big boy……lol. It’s funny how well the proper motivation works! Isent his teacher a text with a picture of Mr. Turtle and said that he was pretending and how proud I was. She texted back that they were “being turtles” during a tornado drill at school that day. So….while he didn’t come up with the idea or the motions on his own, he was still pretending! I got a pretty good chuckle out of the thought of all the little turtles in his classroom that day too!

Nick has become a tad obsessed with his new stuffed bunny lately. I got a frantic phone call from Daddy the other night because Nick was laying in bed crying for the bunny. Luckily, I remembered that he had insisted on bringing it on a car ride with us earlier in the day. Bunny was found safe and sound in the car and Nick was able to get to sleep. However, he did manage to leave it at Grandpa and Grandma’s house the other night and Daddy had a minor crisis on his hands. He was able to locate a “substitute” bunny which Nick deemed sufficient. I never dreamed that this silly, stuffed bunny rabbit would be such a good investment!! I might have to buy some extras during the after Easter sale, just in case! Speaking of Easter and bunnies…..I found a place online that makes GFCF chocolate Easter candy!! I was SO excited! I ordered Nick a chocolate bunny, some m&m type candy and some chocolate Easter eggs for his basket. Before this, I have only been able to find carob chocolate chips and rice milk chocolate bars as a substitute. Nick gobbles them down and they are so expensive that we don’t buy them much. As it is, my online order ended up costing $40 for the chocolate, but I also got some extra for future treats!!

No comments:

Post a Comment