Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy

There have yet to be any vomiting or diarrhea issues with Nick or Max today. Now, Allen is another story, but I figure he can take care of himself :)

After I laid Max down for a nap, I asked Nick if he wanted to go out and play in the snow. He got pretty excited and kept saying, "play, play?" I reassured him that we really were going to go outside and play as I dressed him in his boots and snow pants. As soon as we got outside, Nick was in heaven! He played while I shoveled and I was impressed with his very appropriate snow play! He jumped into snow piles, threw snow, made snow angels and slid on his butt down a hill of snow. I was most impressed with the snow angels and the sliding because I know he remembered doing that in school last week!! Most families probably don't understand the excitement that comes from a kid playing like he should in the snow, but it reminds me of how far Nick has come these last few years :) I especially smiled when he did the snow angels and when I asked him to show me how he goes down the snow "slide." He got a big grin on his face, ran over to the hill, went down the slide screaming "WHEEEE" the whole time. He looked to me for confirmation that he had done a good job. What a very small thing that gives me lots of hope for his future.

Nick and I had a blissful 45 minutes in the snow before we had to go inside so I could get ready for work. He ignored me when I told him we were all done playing and it was time to go inside. Very strategic move there Nick :) I had to drag him inside kicking and screaming the whole way. My reward was that after we got inside, undressed and warm, Nick looked me in the eyes and said one word that always melts my heart..."happy." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment