Monday, January 18, 2010

A life full of poop

As my BFF will tell you, my life is filled with poop and today was no exception. I heard Nick awake this morning and went into his room to get him dressed. I immediately smelled something suspicious and saw a HUGE, brown stain on his sheets. I thought it was vomit and immediately accused Allen of forgetting to give him Prevacid last night. Of course, this happens to be the one time it wasn't his fault...LOL! Sorry Allen! I stripped Nick's bed, which happened to include a large Pillow Pal that was also affected....ewww!

After this is done, I start to undress Nick while marveling the whole time that he has managed not to puke on himself! Boy, did I get a surprise when I pulled down his pants! I had to lay Nick on a towel to get him cleaned up and he screamed the whole time. No time for a bath, so I wiped home down really good and got him dressed. This is not what I would call a good start to my 12 hour workday!

I think most families who have kids with Autism have really disgusting poop stories. It's kind of a rite of passage, I guess. Many, many kids with Autism also have a lot of digestive problems. They get constipated or have diarrhea or have acid reflux issues. Nick takes Immodium and Prevacid twice a day to help with these issues. He eats a Gluten Free, Casein Free diet which seems to help also. More on all of that later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment