Saturday, January 16, 2010

It's introduce mommy to all your bodily fluids day!


It is now 11:00 p.m on what proved to be one of the one of the most disgusting days I can remember in a long time. Allen and I had planned to go car shopping before I had to go to work at 3:00 p.m. Instead, I woke up to find him in the bathroom....he had been up and vomiting throughout the night. Apparently I slept through the entire thing :) So, I got Nick up and dressed and finally decided I better go check on Max. Walked into his room only to be greeted by the unmistakable stench of barf. Yup....Max had vomit all over himself and all over the crib....disgusting! Stripped him down and put him in the tub where he vomited 3 more times. The poor baby just looked so sad and pathetic and confused about what was wrong.

About this time, I figure Grandma isn't going to want to watch a sick little boy and daddy is too sick, so I call and let work know that I won't be there. So begins the day of hell! I clean Max up and dress him and bring Nick into his room to change his overnight diaper. Max promptly barfs on the floor of Nicks room. Clothing change #2 and another barf cleanup commence. The rest of the days progresses uneventfully with Nick and I making a trip to Price Chopper for Sprite and Gatorade reinforcements at some point. Allen sleeps for most of the day and Max eventually lays down for a nap. Just as I start to relax, I catch another unmistakable odor coming from Nick. Yup.....diahrrea....and it goes through his pull up and his pants. Commence another cleanup and clothing change. We end up going through another clothing change, clean up and a BATH for Nick after he has some disgustingly smelly diarrhea that looks like water and gets it all over him. He screams as I clean him up because his poor little body is so raw.

Later on after Max is up from his nap, everyone is clean, dressed in non-odoriferous clothing and hanging out watching cartoons. Max falls asleep while laying on me and Nick crashes in the recliner. I cannot move for a full 2 hours out of fear of waking one of them up. After a couple hours, the phone rings and I start upstairs to try and get to it. Max wakes up and immediately barfs all over himself and all down me. I don't make it to the phone and hold him over the sink and later the toilet while he finishes throwing up. (I check the caller ID to see if it was important...yup....it was McDonald's....an obvious wrong number.) I strip off Max's clothes and my shirt and go downstairs to get them in the washer. On the way down, I step on the hardwood landing in my socked feet....directly into a huge pool of dog pee!!! At this point I am close to crying....and I get to the washer and open it only to find that Allen has crammed every item of Max's bedding into it. He apparently didn't wash it out, so there are chunks everywhere....sigh. Those are the high points or rather the low points of my "day off." Is it wrong that all I can think about is going back to work or sending Nick back to school on Monday? It also crosses my mind more than once that at least they should all be well by the time I get sick. Here's hoping for a vomit and diarrhea free and non-gag inducing tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment